We want to make sure you are equipped to submit a competitive grant application so we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions. 


Q: How do I apply for an EOVA regional grant?

A: The online application for the Regional Grants program will be avaialble online, and will be open through 5pm December 1, 2023.  In order to comply with grant guidelines, applicants must submit a Pre-Application via our online application system.  Upon review of your pre-application, applicants will receive a response within 7 days from the date of submission.

You must have access to the internet and be able to upload files in order to complete the application. 

Q: Can I view the application questions before I access the actual application? 

A: Yes. We encourage you to download the application questions before you begin the application so you can have everything ready to go. Enlisting a proof-reader to review your answers before you complete the application is also highly recommended. Download the application questions for EO Regional Grants Program Questions.

Q: Can I save my application and come back to it?

A: Yes.  You will create an account through our online application system.  Accessing the Pre-Application and Application through a secure login will enable you to save the application and return to it at a later time to complete.  However, once you submit your Pre-Application or Application, you cannot make changes to it, and will only be able to view your submission.

Q: Can in-kind donations reduce the amount of my cash match?

A: No, the 10% cash match to your ask amount is required. However, in-kind donations may lower the amount you need to ask for which can lower your cash requirement.

Q: Do you provide assitance with grant writing?

A: No, but we do encourage interested applicants to view the 2021 Eastern Oregon Regional Grants Workshop, led by professtional grant-writer Meredith Howell. 


Q: I am a non-profit business. Do I still need to upload a W-9 form

A: Yes, all entities applying for grant funding through EOVA must upload a completed W-9 form. Make sure you are using a current W-9 form. Non-profit businesses need to fill out their exemption code in Box 4. Non-profits need to enter Exempt Payee Code = 1 in this section (ignore the line regarding FATCA) as is described on page three of the W-9 directions.

Q: What is the document that I need to upload in order to show proof of my Federal Tax ID? 

A: Proof of Federal Tax ID is a copy of the letter from the Internal Revenue Service showing your Federal Tax ID number.

If you are a tax exempt non-profit organization, and you cannot find your Affirmation Letter, you may contact the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Customer Account Services at 877-829-5500 to request an Affirmation Letter.

If you are a government entity in order to show proof of Federal Tax ID, you would include your Governmental Information Letter. As a special service to government entities, the IRS will issue a governmental information letter free of charge. This letter describes government entity exemption from Federal income tax and cites applicable Internal Revenue Code sections pertaining to deductible contributions and income exclusion. Government entities can request a governmental information letter by calling 877-829-5500.

All grant applicants should be prepared to show proof of EIN (CP 575 or replacement Form 147c).

Q: I am a for-profit business. What is the document that I need to upload in order to show proof of my Federal Tax ID? 

A: For-profit entities must show proof of EIN or SSN. The document needed to show Proof of Federal Tax ID in the grant application is the EIN Confirmation Letter from the IRS or the individual's SSN.

If this number is lost or misplaced, you can contact the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line at 800-829-4933.


Please email [email protected] with any additional questions you may have, so we can answer them and add them to this page as a resource for others.